Sustained Housing and Conservation Investments
A lack of affordable housing and the threat of losing Vermont’s working lands economy united a unique, statewide coalition of housing and conservation interests.
For decades our firm has led the housing coalition’s advocacy, aligning public opinion and policy priorities to secure over $300 million dollars through the competitive state budgeting process.
- Creation of more than 12,000 permanently affordable homes
- Protection of over 600 working farms and 70 historic properties
- Conservation of more than 350,000 acres of natural, forest and recreational areas
OTHER KEY HIGHLIGHTS
Necrason Group worked with our clients to achieve the following:
- Passage of a special $30 million affordable housing bond
- Sustained public investment for regional planning efforts
- Allocation of tax incentives to stimulate private investment, create jobs, restore historic buildings and jumpstart revitalization of downtown and village centers